Thursday 24 February 2011

I've been featured in a Magazine

Yay, here it is the exciting news I promised on Face Book. This is a page from the February issue of Inside Crochet the UK's only monthly crochet magazine. In my naivety I thought that when the mag came out I would be deluged with orders. I managed to stop myself ordering huge quantities of this yarn! Good thing too.

I was contacted in October by someone from this magazine saying they would be featuring my kit in the January issue which came out in December. I sent them a kit, then in December I got another email asking me for a photo of the gloves, (the one featured here). I was given another email address to write to and ask for a copy of the mag, which I did of course. So I sat back and waited for my mag and waited for the orders to roll in....

....Cue February, and still I had heard nothing. I emailed my first contact but heard nothing. Then I phoned the company and found out that my first contact didn't work there anymore. They gave me the email address of the woman who was doing her job. All this time I thought they had decided not to feature my kit, that's why I took so long to re contact them. I didn't want to hear bad news. Anyway as soon as I contacted this person I got an email back with good news. I had been featured and she would send me a copy of the magazine and my kit back. They also said they would include a link to my site on a new website they were setting up.

And here is the feature, it looks great and I'm thrilled in be in print. Thank you Inside Crochet..great mag by the way, I think I will subscribe to it.  But...and here's the big but, I never did get that rush of orders..I made two sales, one a kit and one of a pattern. I thought those were just random sales and that the rush was still to come...ah well, I guess its just one more thing I've learnt. By the way, if you add postage and the fact that I still haven't had my kit back then I made a net loss from this effort. Its still good to see my work in print...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the feature, what a drag that they didn't send your kit back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes well they did say they would, its just that I expected it with the mag but perhaps they have sent it separately so I should give them the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Hi please leave a lovely comment, I really like reading your comments.