Friday 25 February 2011

Folksy Friday - Lace

Since I'm crocheting a lace wedding shawl I thought I would search in Folksy for lace. I found a plethora of gorgeous things so here are some of them.

Here is the first and perhaps the most traditional use of lace although not in a traditional way. A beautiful dress that would be just right for a summer picnic on the lawn of an English stately home. Simply stunning...I tried last time to make the pics the links but instead I got rather untidy writing under the photos...sometimes I really hate Blogger..anyway hopefully you can click here to see this site.

On to jewellery, well how long can I go without browsing jewellery!..

This amazing bangle is made by trapping lace in resin, there is some lovely resin jewellery out there and this is such a great idea...love it. Please go to the site here

And just to keep the theme going is a beautiful pair of earrings..

I would love to know how they are made, they look stunning and would certainly be a lovely thing to wear on St Patrick's day. Please visit the site here

Now on to something completely different, (ed, did I already use that link?..)

This gorgeous bowl is in porcelain one of the most beautiful clays to use. It allows you to make delicate though still strong details such as the lace rim of this classy bowl..make a lovely wedding present...but more of that in my next blog. Please visit the site here.


What can I say about this lovely scarf. I adore knitted lace, I can't do it myself which makes me yearn after it all the more. Crochet lace is good but I actually prefer the look of knitted lace...go figure. Beautifully photographed as well with the complimentary colour background..see getting technical there..lol. You can see the site here.

And, last but not least this charming bag made of lace and animal print, also decorated with flowers, buttons and sequins it looks lovely inside as well so check it out here to see all the photos...

TTFN hope to manage another blog next week but who knows I might be flooded with orders...lol..or sick kids, the latter is the more likely option as we wait for the work cold to strike us down.

3 comments:

  1. Many beautiful lace items! And thank you so much for including my bangle :]

    Good look with your shawl! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi please leave a lovely comment, I really like reading your comments.