Wednesday 28 April 2010

Orange you glad


Orange you glad that summer is almost here, and I was inspired by lovely sorbet icecream colours, actually I went a bit mad and bought loads of summer cotton in orange, pink and yellow. Haven't done enough with them yet but here is the first of my summer berets. I love orange, it doesn't love me, I can't wear it at all but I love to work with it. My favourite gemstone I ever saw was a beautiful fire orange garnet that I can't remember the exact name of and that I have never seen again, but I have lusted after it for nigh on ten years. I thought I'd try a variation of the shell pattern I used for my highly successful gloves, it was hard to translate from tube to circle but I'm quite pleased with the result, next I will try one more like the shell scarf, with a row of shells, then a mesh row, this shows off the shell pattern well and makes it lacier and lighter. I made a lovely one at xmas but lost the pattern in my great big bag on bus disaster, (see earlier posting).

As ever I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the supportive comment. & I never thought of it, maybe it was just the breed that made him get worse.
    His mom has always had a cat but he was able to deal with it, and now that you mentioned it her cat is a completely different breed then our cats are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this orange beret, you used a shell pattern? It would be lovely with matching scarf to wear in the fall when its just a bit chilly.

    ReplyDelete

Hi please leave a lovely comment, I really like reading your comments.