Tuesday 18 May 2010

Work Nearly Finished

Here are some of the items I am making for the craft fair. I have set myself a target amount of work to make but not written it down, bad move really but then I have less than two weeks....and I don't know if I can make it

This is my new lace beret, see Folksy for my orange one, it is actually more pink and less coral than this but then it is wet and being blocked even as I write. I'm quite pleased with this, it is quite small but then my head is extra large..lol..and everyone has different tastes, so hopefully it will please someone. At my craft fair at xmas I did notice a lot of variation in people's sizes and what they wanted so it was good to have a range. It is based on my glove patterns and it's interesting to me to see how a pattern worked in a tube translates to working in the round, a very different way of working.


This scarf is actually a lovely shade of blue not this rather horrible grey...hope it photographs better if I decide to list it for selling. Still I'm very happy about this one. Its a variation on a pattern in Interweave Crochet Magazine and I enjoyed the challenge of a pattern to make me learn some new stitiches. It is made in Debbie Bliss Cathay, a lovely (if expensive!!) blend of silk and cotton. Doesn't go far either...still great to work with and it was fun crocheting this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful patterns...love these....and grey isint horrible...lol....its one of my favorite colors..(especially in clothes)
    Nice job tho...they look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful crochet work, that beret is gorgeous. I'm sure they'll attract a lot of attention. Good luck with the fair, Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Hi please leave a lovely comment, I really like reading your comments.