Thursday, 24 September 2009
The Great Clapton Scarf Disaster
Here is my lovely ruffle scarf, or at least it would be if it had worked out! I started out with one pattern that I wanted to change, decided I didn't like it and restarted with a mixture gleaned from free patterns on the internet. After nearly finishing the lilac border I realised I wouldn't have enough yarn so I frogged that row (that's knitter speak for unraveling) and started it again. After about 200 stitches I found that even with the revised row there still wasn't enough yarn. At that point I gave up and cut off the first bit of the darker purple rows and tied/sewed up the resulting mess. Not good enough to sell but now what do I do with it, use it myself, I have tons of scarfs! Or recycle the yarn which is getting desperately bitty after frequent frogging. Ah well I suppose it's a learning experience.